Sunday, June 24, 2012

Anticipation


In just four weeks....

On sunday morning July 22nd, I will pack up my tent, give my bike a once over and with my fellow PFP riders will start the one week journey across the state of Iowa.

This video was made by Matt Quinn who rode with us last year.  I post it now as my 1 month count down begins...to not only remind me of what I am getting myself into again but to give you a sense of what this trip is like.  Each of the cyclists in this video had their own reason to ride this corn-laden route....for those of us on Jay's team, the PFP slogan Exercise your brain, ride a bike seemed as good of a reason as any.






"For those who have done RAGBRAI, I was lucky enough to stop at a Pastafari "rest stop" and overhear some great music being played next door. Damon Dotson was gracious enough to record his song "Miles" for me behind the house where the crowd had assembled. I encourage you to buy his latest album, "Stars and Bars." Look it up on iTunes or visit http://damondotson.com/"  ~matt quinn


No comments:

Post a Comment