Monday, July 16, 2012

Every little bit helps.

So, I want to tell you about a phone app..yep, a phone app.


But before I get to the point let me say... if you own a blackberry, you have 2 choices.  
      1. skip this blog post which would be sad
         -OR-
      2. go out and get yourself an iphone or
          droid.


Now that I have that out of the way, there is a new app available to iphone and droid users called
charity miles.  Here is the link:


http://www.charitymiles.org/


This app will keep track of your walking/running and biking distances if you have your phone on your person and in doing so will donate 25cents per walking/running mile and 10cents for every biking mile to a charity (picked by you) that is on their list.


Guess what?  The Michael J Fox Foundation is one of the approved charities!


https://www.michaeljfox.org/


So, what could be simpler...go to the first link and sign up so that the mjff can receive your free yet hard earned donations.  And the best part is that you will get into shape while you are at it.


This is kind of a No-Brainer!


I haven't checked yet but I would assume this logs your treadmill and elliptical miles as well.


And finally, I would like to say that although a 5 mile run only nets the MJFF $1.25, about $1 of that goes right into a researchers hands hopefully bringing them closer to finding what I am looking for...a cure.  Get enough people putting a buck or two into the PD bank every day and we will be successful.


Thanks!


Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment