Saturday, July 14, 2012

Last stop...


Welcome to Clinton, Iowa

riverfront monument
So many things to do - With a river view!


Clinton offers you many things to do with a river view. We have one of the most beautiful river fronts on the entire Mississippi River. Within a 65-acre park-like setting, you can play in our aquatic center, attend a Class 1A baseball game, enjoy a game of tennis, listen to a live performance in the band shell, attend a professional theater production aboard a renovated paddle wheel boat, camp in our R/V park, take a walk or run along the Discovery Recreational Trail, have a picnic and visit our historical museum. All of this and you haven't even hit the town yet!

Located just 30 minutes from I-80 and 20 minutes from I-88, Clinton sits on the eastern most section of Iowa along the banks of the majestic Mississippi River. So visit Clinton, the city on the Mississippi River with so many things to do... with a river view!




So, as luck would have it, I will actually have a cheering 

section hootin' and hollerin' me in as I finish the last leg into 

Clinton. My neighbor Jim and his daughter Katie will be 

traveling to Clinton to visit Jim's uncle...just shortly before I 

get there myself. I did not know that JIm himself hailed from 

Iowa but then with recent conversation frequently including 

this bike ride I am about to do it is interesting just how 

many people are from Iowa or have relatives there.



When I tried to find someone...anyone....famous from 

Clinton, the 'list' was worse than those I have previously

blogged about.

So, in place of it, I will make a "friends who hail from Iowa"

list...check back as it is sure to grow.


friend & neighbor Jim 



promises to ride ragbrai next year
Kandis


And last but certainly not least, my friend and your headliner on Sept 22
Jake Johannsen







p.s. if you still need tickets to see Jake & Keb' Mo' go to


http://www.shakingwithlaughter.org/







No comments:

Post a Comment