Thursday, July 19, 2012

I know a woman...


Distracted...that is probably the best word to describe me today as my mind is on getting ready to leave tomorrow with the added monkey wrench that I am on-call tonight. So when I grabbed a quick bite in the surgery center, I skipped my usual lunch in our office to sit at my desk and work.

Enter Elinor.  My office manager.  My friend.  And she may kill me when I say this, but as caring as the best of moms.

"Could you stop in the lunchroom for a minute?"

And when I did, I found this...




and this.....




APPLE PIE and PEACH PIE!!!!

Now how friggin' nice was that?  

She faithfully followed my blog last year and she never fails to read Ragbrai 2012 every morning but honestly, I cannot think of anything more thoughtful and kind than to bring me pie on the eve of my pie bike tour.  

So I thoroughly enjoyed a piece of both then sat at my desk with a content belly and thought some more about pie and about a woman who was nice enough to bring me some... and who I feel lucky to know. 

What a great send off!!

Iowa...here I come. 






1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 46 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete