Friday, July 13, 2012

Deja vu



So, it is time to start packing for a one week 471 mile bike ride.....which means it is time to scope out the weather forecast.  Lest you forget,  our fearless leader Jay has promised cooler temperatures.

Let's look at Ragbrai 2011 Day 1 to see what we will be comparing this year's weather report to:



Sunday July 24, 2011


Partly cloudy with a stray storm.  Highs on the low 90's and 


lows in the low 70's.

A high bar, for sure.




So...what is in store for

              
Ragbrai 2012 Day 1?
Sunday, Jul 22  A few clouds. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the upper 60s.

WHAT?  YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!  











The sleeping bag has just been removed from my growing pile of 'stuff'


Cotton sheets it is.


So I have a confession to make...I am nervous.  Not getting nervous...already nervous.


I know what I am up against and I am in a better all around position than last year.  But, my PD is a bit trickier to manage...it takes more thought, and I don't want to hold anyone back.  I have a different set of expectations this time around. Mostly they have to do with being part of a team...a team that is made up of men and women who are doing what they can to make a difference.  And that only requires my spirit and enthusiasm...I know this year that the pedaling is just extra.










No comments:

Post a Comment