Thursday, July 26, 2012

thursday july 26 day 5


THURSDAY, JULY 26
MARSHALLTOWN to CEDAR RAPIDS
84.8 miles • 3,576 feet of climb
Towns Miles Feet of Climb Population
Marshalltown  0.0 0 27,552
Garwin 15.0 685 527
Clutier 17.2 795 213
Garrison 17.3 622 371
Vinton (Meeting) 10.0 422 5,257
Shellsburg 11.6 602 983
Covington 10.3 359 Unicorp.
Cedar Rapids 3.4 156 126,326

So as luck would have it, our fearless SAG leader found us a new place to sleep last night...indoors, airconditioned and out of the rain.


GHOSTBUSTERS?
Dry all night, most set off bright and early, including are teams of triples tandems.




Now I don't want it to seem that I am making excuses but I only have pics from one bike stop because today I gave my very worthy captain Ann a break....the longest and hilliest day might have had her packing it up early...so I rode with this guy




This is Dan. And Dan rides very fast. So I rode the 40 miles with him and the towns went by in a blur! At one point I started laughing because I didn't know that my legs could go around in a circle as fast as they were going. We actually pulled into camp with some of the fastest folks on our team. So here are some pics from the one town we spent any time in...Shellsburg.




Now they had a Dorothy theme going on which I couldn't really figure out why but nonetheless those are ruby shoes hanging from the wire.






And that about sums it up!
Here are some scenic pics taken either on my way to meet Dan or from my bike. ENJOY.











No comments:

Post a Comment